Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"The Red Words" Introduction

The Red Words Introduction

I often study just "The Red Words," of scripture. These are the actual words of Jesus.
                        John 1:1(NKJV)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.




Recently, I came across this scripture:
John 8:31 (NKJV)
31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.
I pondered the scripture for awhile, I wandered if the “My Word” meant his actual words, or if he was talking about the whole bible and all the scriptures as a whole. Then I remembered that when He was referring to the scriptures, He would actually address them as “the scripture.”
                        Luke 24:44
[ The Scriptures Opened ] Then He said to them, “These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me.”

2 Peter 1:19-21
19 And so we have the prophetic word confirmed,[a] which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; 20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation,[b] 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God[c] spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
This does not by any means take the any authority away from the scriptures. I believe in them, I study them, and I live by them. I believe the Bible is the infallible Word of God. With that being said, I believe that Jesus was actually talking about His Words in this scripture.

                        
                        John 8:31 (NKJV)
31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.
“My” is the word “emos” in Greek- according to Strong’s G1699 it means “my”, “mine”

The red words are the actual words of God….no filter from man, whatsoever. Hence, the reason I am doing a series of bible studies just on the words Jesus spoke in the New Testament.

No comments:

Post a Comment